This is an incoherent, inconclusive, totally non-objective, ranty rant. Prepare yourself.
Let me be totally frank right here: I really hate dailies.
From what I hear around the blogosphere, I am not alone in this opinion; in fact, it tends to be the fact rather than the exception. I’m not sure what my problem is, but I think it’s a combination of factors. Let us break down the analysis:
1) Dailies take TOO BLOODY LONG. If I’m doing a daily and am planning on doing so everyday, I don’t want to spend three hours doing it. These are chores, people. They are the stuff you have to get done before you get to do the stuff that you want to do.
Which, let’s be honest, is pet battles.
2) The Shado-Pan dailies have an totally unbalanced risk-reward system. In other words, I spent over an hour dying on that stupid island with the mantids the other day for a measly 1k(ish) rep. I know Blizz has said that they’ve made the Sra’viss island easier, but since I haven’t run it since the fix, I can’t say. The point is that I’m still at least a couple days away from Revered with Shado-Pan, and I have already all but ground to a halt. What am I going to do when I hit Revered and it’s STILL going to take me another 3 weeks to get to Exalted, so that I can stop doing the dailies in favor of what I want to do?
Which is still pet battles.
3) There are some great dailies in the game, which makes the sucky suck suck ones suck even harder. They nailed the August Celestials and the Anglers, in my opinion. Three or four dailies that take a combined maybe fifteen minutes and then you’re done and can go back to doing what you want to do.
Pet battles, naturally.
4) Dailies are more or less required for raiders. I know, I know, I know, I know, I know. I hear you all saying, “Nope, need to play the game that you are paying for in the way that YOU want to play it! It’s okay!” But the honest answer is that it isn’t okay to want to raid and not be willing to work to put yourself in the best position you can for the benefit of your team – which means having valor gear and reputation gear when and where you need it. I still need the Shado-Pan hat and trinket. As far as our raid team goes, I’m running way behind (and have been) for awhile because I just haven’t been dedicated enough to doing dailies every single day to level up reputations.
Mostly because I’ve been doing pet battling instead.
5) I feel inordinate amounts of guilt when I don’t do dailies. This is a game. I should not feel guilty about something I am or am not doing in a game. But I do, and because I do, I feel even less motivated to do my dailies.
Instead, I pet battle.
6) Most importantly, I have just discovered that WoWProgress is now ranking servers based on pet battles. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!? I have never, ever been awesome enough to show up on any ranking sites for any leet gear or dps or whatever because I’m just not that good, but LOOK AT ME NOW, FRIENDS. #37 (soon to be #36) on Rexxar for Pet Score.
I ROCK at pet battling. ROCK I SAY.
So yeah, maybe I hate dailies some >.> I apologize if this offends you.
I’m done ranting now. I promise. <3
Firstly, Stands in Bad is still recruiting! We desperately need a couple more ranged DPS (OTHER THAN HUNTERS – I am serious about that) to fill out a second raid team. If you’re interested in coming along on the wild ride that is Stands in Bad (it’s a name, not a lifestyle), nudge me or one of our officers in game to chat about it. You should ALL be in SiB anyway, because we are amazing.
Lastly, I am TOTALLY going to win Nanowrimo this year. I have a Title and a Main Character. I mean, what else do you need, right? Right?! Nano starts in 6 hours, 32 minutes, so if (when) I am noticeably absent from blogging this November, you’ll know it’s because I’m churning out words on my novel instead of my blog.
Now, because I am a good raider, I am going to go do my dailies so that next week when SiB starts raiding and I’m going crazy trying to come up with 1667 words per day, I’m not dragging behind my Pocket Tank even in his Blood DK brokenness.